There are many different recipes that you can make using honey. Here is one recipe that you should try, this recipe makes 6-8 servings and takes about 3 and a half hours. Great for BBQ s and for a simple healthy dinner option as well.
1/4 cup hot sauce
1/4 cup tomato paste
3 tablespoons honey
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 small sweet onion, grated
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
3 pounds skinned and boned chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 2-inch chunks
10 (6-inch) wooden or metal skewers
Vegetable cooking spray
Grilled lemon halves
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl until smooth; whisk in buttermilk, next 3 ingredients, and 2 tsp. salt until blended.
- Place buttermilk mixture and chicken in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal and chill 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes. (Omit if using metal skewers.)
- Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread chicken onto skewers, leaving a 1/8-inch space between pieces; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Serve with lemon halves and Toasted Pecan Pesto or Romesco Sauce.